Eighth Annual Red Dress Run
June 29, 2005
Reported by Karen Fennie
|Red Dress Photos|
The 8th Annual Red Dress Run was wet, but lots of fun! Thanks to the 51
fashionistas who dressed to the nines and weren't afraid to let their make up run
a little while they ran. Great ensembles this year, as always. It is nice to
see this is becoming a family affair with quite a few moms, dads, and kids joining it.
The runners raised (again) a record amount
of money for the Crime Victims Assistance Center: $741! Wow. Thank you for being so
very generous. And a special thanks to Myron Mokris who's generosity year after year touches
us deeply and is so very much appreciated.
Well, on to the awards.
- First Frock Female: Shelby Perkins 18:27. Shelby won last year as well.
- First Frock Male: Fred Josyln 18:28. A gentleman and well dressed. He let Shelby squeak in first. Like he did at
the Vestal XX, Fred successfully defended his First Frock Male title.
- Finest Frock: Tom McCoy. Tom donned a knee length frock, with a demure white collar. A white straw hat, necklace,
bracelet and purse were just the right touches to bring this look together.
- Best Buns: Joe Reynolds. Joe sported and off the shoulder, tight fitting knit dress to highlight his form. A matching kerchief
completed the outfit.
- Greatest Gams: Dave Buchta. Dave's stems are unstoppable, as he has won this award numerous times. Dave's red dress
featured a sequined top and dry fit and very short skirt. A feather boa proved to be a dramatic accessory.
- George Groome Award for Most Cleverly Coordinated Ensemble: Sarah White. Sarah wore a polka dot red dress and coordinated
with knee high red socks, a large red bow at the waist, red ribbon in her hair, red bracelet and even red laces in her running shoes!
- Most Creative Coiffure: Myron Mokris. Myron thought of everything, but his pig tails overwhelmed the judges. His outfit also included
red socks and laces, red watch band and an "I'm Cute" broach. Nice job Myron!
- Paris Hilton Hoochie Mamma Award: Fred Malloy. Less is better when it comes to this award and Fred must have known that. He wore
a lacey top with plunging neckline and red lace thong. Oh My!
- Male Most in Touch With His Feminine Side: Tom Hamlin. Tom toughed it out on the hills in a nearly floor length red dress.
- Most Desperate Housewife: Larry Lepak. Larry did a great job looking desperate in a red, mid calf print dress with matching kerchief.
There were many who helped us with the race. Thanks to Judges Grace Tabeek, Barney Taylor, George Groome and Nancy LaBare. Dan Dougherty and Byron LaBare
assisted with timing. Kevin Pasterchik, Suzanne Myette and Gene LaBare ran the water stations. Thanks to the staff members from Crime Victims
Assistance Center for coming and cutting up the watermelon! Everyone's help was very much appreciated. Thank you.
Physical Facilities, Binghamton University